1850 - The Shipyard Drobeta Turnu Severin, an Austrian Maritime Society on Danube – DDSG, is founded.
1977 - The Forging Enterprise is founded at the eastern limit of the shipyard, to produce heavy forged parts used in the entire maritime sector and also for miscellaneous plants from the country.
1980 - Change of name and legal status. The Enterprise of Maritime Constructions and Worm Machining (ICNPC Drobeta - Turnu Severin) is born. The Forging Hammers Hall starts working in 1986 while the Hall of Secondary Heat Treatment and the Machining Hall in 1988.
1990 - ICNPC Drobeta - Turnu Severin is split into two commercial societies, hold by the Romanian State.
1998 - The former FORSEV stock company is privatized and becomes an American-Romanian joint venture.
Today, FORSEV is one of the top exporting Romanian companies, an important producer of flanges and forged pieces for the American, European, and Asian markets. At FORSEV, the client comes first!